Time


There has been times I think when the world has seemed dead to me. And the reasons when reasoned later has been so mediocre and old-fashioned. And there has been times I think when the colors have faded from the skies and trees and flowers. And the reason when reasoned later has always been pretty selfish.

There has been times I think when I have wanted to see the world in a different way, a different hue, a different shade of pink or purple. A different shape perhaps, or a different form – of liquid or air. But the reasons when reasoned later has always been too normal.

There has been times when I have wanted to sit on a staircase just to eat an apple.

And times when I have wanted to have a cigarette in the rain.

And the reasons have never reasoned against me then.

When at times there is nobody around me I have felt suffocated, and at times liberated.

When walking down an unknown path I have found something arbitrary
And out of the normal, the selfish, the ordinary

When time has flown away from its own tiny trajectory.
Time at times has always played tricks with me.

And I have simply grown older as the time has gone by.

There has been times I think that have slipped through my fingers, and times that have got stuck to my face. Time, well, has never reasoned with me.

Yet at times, I have forgotten times that have gone by and rushed to be on time.
And missed all the time that I could have spent with you instead.

Comments

Unknown said…
So poignant. And so universal. At times I have felt so, too...

Popular Posts