VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE !

AH ! It's election time. It's 11:30 am and they have already exploded a bomb in Lalgarh. Two BSF jawans injured. Voting at Belpahari has also stopped due to disturbance. Madhya pradesh has also seen trouble - the older type though, booth capturing. Today Bombay votes as well. My dear friend studying law hasn't voted. She has not registered yet. She is, like me, 23. I hope I can get over my laziness and go out to vote this year.

A jobless youth who has a Bachelor's degree in Botany took up a job with a chicken farm - famous chicken farm, for a salary of 6000/- bucks. He says he will work for only a year, until the shop that he and his father owns jointly gets a stable income. Until then my dear comrade, my fellow theatre worker, the most industrious, well-organised, humble and sweet spoken person I have ever met, whose wisdom blind sights us on lengthy group discussions unexpectedly, whom we all listen to...he is going to take care of chickens. Don't think I'm being sardonic. I am happy for him. But i wish i was a wealthy entrepreneur who could use such rare talent and together build an enterprise that would help all like him - including myself. All those who want to dream - in spite of everything. All those who still believe in love in spite of hailing from broken families. Who still prefer to eat simple food in the company of beloved friends than a meal at the most expensive restaurant in town with blood relatives they don't get along with. Who prefer to watch a play than go for window shopping and breathe in air conditioned air with their love interest.

I don't know - i am talking shit again. Its the YUVA syndrome.

Take care and do vote. That's all you can do actually, so at least do that.
:)

Comments

Look who's being cynical.. N it's the same here about the vote.. :)

But i beg to disagree on the vote as the cure-all for our screw-up of a system.. yeah, right! One vote, and Jai Ho! One vote, and India Shines! BS!!
Suvojit_B said…
Well if you are interested in theatre I would recommend Rajat Kapoor's "Hamlet-The Clown Prince"... Brilliant... Do not miss it if it comes to Calcutta

Popular Posts