Don't Stop, Can't Stop

So, its one of those nights when you feel like staying awake the whole night ... with atoms racing through your mind, the blood rushing through your veins...making you feel suddenly alive!

Last night we were awake till 3 am, discussing Love and Faith. we didnt get anywhere. the watchman got worried about his job and asked us to leave - the girls I mean. In the morning I tried watching Agra Bazaar in the Committee Room but couldn't watch it full. Later on in the evening, we went to Nizamuddin, wanting to hear Qawwali, but it started raining and didn't happen. But all four of us had a really beautiful time in the home of Rashida Begum. Finally, I had fulfilled my promise, of meeting her if I got through the admission. Met her two year old grandson Nihaal, a lovely personality. We had Chai. Then we bought Amriti and hopped into an Auto. With the warm amritee in our hands and the rains outside, it was lovely ride through the tree-lined streets from Nizammuddin to Connaught Place. There again, coffee-house, nothing like Kolkata, but something better than nothing. And then, that terrible infusion. That is keeping me awake even now. I want to run and scream and get wet in the rain !! Anyways, then we moved back to the campus, did our diction homework, and then dinner, and from then till now --- COMPLETELY IDLE!! and I want to spoon my brains out!

Somedays are just not meant to fit into 24hrs..they always keep spinning and spinning and spinning...not wanting to end, to stop, to being... I want the sun to stop just below the horizon, so that the Qawwals to bring out their dholaks and harmoniums and start singing in front of the dargah, and I could sit for hour listening to them, I don't want the cup of infusion to get cold, but stay smoking hot, I want the rains to keep falling, I do not want to let go of this day, of these few hours.

Tomorrow will be a new day, I will forget most of today after I wake up from my sleep. I will forget so many of the sensations., This day will become history. I will never meet Rashida Begum or Nihaal ever in my entire life, I will never again eat a warm amritee for the first time inside a runing auto with the rains outside, I will never again, never again, be what I was today. Time will never stop. My blood will keep flowing, I will keep getting older, slowly, minutely, I will go on living my life till the very end.

I don't want to stop writing. i don't want to stop living. but like every good or bad thing in this world, this too has to come to an end. everthing will change. nothing will ever be the same again.

Comments

Unknown said…
As Sharon says, you're "pregnant with possibilities, like a caterpillar in a cocoon." Live on!
Unknown said…
And good to see you updating the blog, but do fix the typos :)
Anupam said…
hey
just felt wet inside.
just a tiny bit though..
did i expect a splash?
perhaps not.
the word 'splash'got stuck in my brain...
be writing....

Popular Posts